We’ve been on Winter Break (Thursday and Friday off, no school), so I’ve been able to do some writing.
When I started on the project in January, I tried to work my way through Philemon. I thought I could get that letter finished and then move on to the PE. I rewrote / restructured / supplemented all the materials on slavery in the NT world, but got really bogged down when I reached the materials dealing with classical rhetoric–NOT my area.
So I’ve set Philemon aside, and now I’m writing the introduction to the PE. Yesterday, I outlined about 35 pages (double-spaced) of material. About 40% of that material needs to be written from scratch. Well, I got TEN PAGES of the “from scratch” part written today. I’m feeling pretty good about the project right now.
Of course, there are midterms and pregistration and prof reviews and taxes to do and a fuel filter to change and . . .